will-future

 

1. Use of the will-future

1.1. future actions happen without the speaker's intention

The sun will shine tomorrow.

1.2. predictions, assumptions

I think Sue will arrive in Paris at 6 pm.

1.3. promises, threats

I promise I will learn the poem by heart.

1.4. spontaneous actions

Hang on! I'll have a word with you.

2. Signal words

no unambiguous ones

3. Form

will + infinitive

4. Examples

4.1. Affirmative sentences in the will-future

Long formsContracted forms
I will win the match.I'll win the match.
You will win the match.You'll win the match.
He will win the match.He'll win the match.

4.2. Negative sentences in the will-future

Long formsContracted forms
I will not win the match.I won't win the match.
I'll not win the match.*
You will not win the match.You won't win the match.
You'll not win the match.*
He will not win the match.He won't win the match.
He'll not win the match.*

* This form is rarely used.

4.3. Questions in the will-future

Long formsContracted forms
Will I win the match?not possible
Will you win the match?
Will he win the match?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Formulir Kontak